22 Titillating OnlyFans Statistics for 2022
Updated · Apr 06, 2022
Since you’re here, you’re probably either wondering what OnlyFans is or looking to start a career there.
OnlyFans is one of the fastest-rising online content subscription platforms. It’s also surrounded by a lot of drama and rumors.
To recap its short but interesting story, we created the following list of OnlyFans statistics. Prepare yourself for a story with many twists and turns.
Revealing Only Fans Stats (Editor’s Choice)
- OnyFans was launched in the UK in 2016.
- By December 2020, OnlyFans’ registered users had increased by 300%, reaching 100 million.
- OnlyFans experienced a 500% user base growth in 2020.
- OnlyFans’s highest month-on-month growth was 70%.
- As of September 2021, there were around 1.5 million OnlyFans creators.
- OnlyFans keeps 20% of creators’ earnings as a fee.
- Tyga was the fourth top OnlyFans earner in 2021.
- Even though OnlyFans has so many users, it struggles to find investors.
OnlyFans Statistics for 2022
Before we get into the specifics, let’s start off with the basics.
1. OnyFans was launched in the UK in 2016.(Source: The Social Element)
This subscription-based platform has been around for a while. It wasn’t before the pandemic that it took off, though.
What is OnlyFans used for, you ask? Despite its current reputation as a safe haven for sex workers, that wasn’t its initial intent. Or at least not the only one.
Its subscription-based system lets creators hide their exclusive content behind a paywall. Fitness experts and musicians are some of the top creators that benefit greatly from the platform.
2. Most OnlyFans creators actually lose money.(Source: xsrus)
How much does OnlyFans really cost creators? Sure, it is free to post content, but making money there requires quite a bit of time.
OnlyFans stats show that the median earnings per user on the platform are $136/month. If a person works for a minimum wage, or around $15, they’d earn that money in around nine hours.
That means that creators either have to spend less than nine hours a month on the platform or come up with a way to earn much more.
Even if nine hours is enough time to create content, it doesn’t account for the time required to interact with the audience to maintain engagement. It’s a full-time job, really.
Apart from the most popular OnlyFans personas, most others lose money on paper. Turns out it’s not so much of a get-rich-quick scheme.
3. In August 2021, OnlyFans intended to ban sexually explicit content, effective October.(Source: Followchain)
This decision was caused by backlash from banks and other OnlyFans payout providers alike. But the following backlash from users and creators was much worse.
It was so bad that the company reversed its decision after just six days. Since that happened so fast, the user base kept growing at a nearly identical rate.
4. Tyga was the fourth biggest OnlyFans earner in 2021.(Source: Influencer Marketing)
The artist Tyga was one of the top OnlyFans earners.
He was fourth, to be precise. Blac Chyna, Bella Thorne, and Cardi B took first, second, and third place, respectively.
However, Tyga deleted his OnlyFans account after the company announced it will remove all explicit content.
5. Bella Thorne made over $1 million in the first 24 hours after creating her OnlyFans account.(Source: Vulture)
How much can you make on OnlyFans? In theory, there is no limit to this. Some celebrities and famous creators are racking up unimaginable amounts.
American model and actress Bella Thorne was the first one to surpass one million dollars within a day after creating an OnlyFans account.
Her strategy to reach that amount, however, stirred great controversy. She was charging $200 per photo. The photos weren’t nudes but were advertised as such.
Although that brought her a lot of money and popularity, she doesn’t have the most subscribed to OnlyFans account.
6. Blac Chyna has the highest-paid OnlyFans—around $20 million per month.(Source: Influencer Marketing)
All income streams combined, Blac Chyna is the top earner on OnlyFans. But again, this doesn’t mean that she has the biggest OnlyFans subscriber count.
Unfortunately, there isn’t any reliable info regarding the number of subscribers. That said, Jem Wolfie’s name has been thrown around as a leader in that category.
7. OnlyFans doesn’t have stock.(Source: Investing in the Web)
It’s still a private company. In order to have a stock, it has to go public first.
Nobody knows whether, if, and when that will happen, as the company hasn’t spoken on the subject.
OnlyFans Usage Statistics
There’s no denying that OnlyFans has become a huge force. Although the 2020 hype around it died off, its user base keeps rising.
The following OnlyFans statistics reveal how the user count has changed throughout the years.
8. In September 2021, there were 1.5 million OnlyFans creators.(Source: Famemass)
The OnlyFans creator count has been on the rise ever since the pandemic struck. And, contrary to expectations, it’s still increasing.
For instance, there were 1.2 million creators in February 2021. That’s an increase of 300,000 in less than a year.
9. There were only 100,000 creators in December 2019.(Source: Famemass)
That’s insane growth in just over two years! OnlyFans stats show the number of creators in May 2020 was 450,000.
Less than a year later and only four years after the platform’s inception, in December 2020, it reached one million.
10. OnlyFans had over 100 million registered users by the end of 2020.(Source: Glossy)
Similarly to the creator count, the number of OnlyFans users has been increasing rapidly over the past few years.
What’s more, it even managed to trump Facebook’s record! It took Facebook five years to reach 100 million users. OnlyFans achieved it in four years.
11. The OnlyFans user base grew by 500% in 2020 alone.(Source: The Social Element)
2020 was a breakthrough year for OnlyFans. Starting from less than 20 million users at the beginning of the year, it reached one million toward the end.
Although it probably won’t achieve the same results again, OnlyFans statistics show it was doing nearly as well in 2021.
12. There were 170 million users in September 2021.(Source: Famemass)
That’s an increase of around 100 million compared to the same time the previous year. Data shows that the platform gains around 500,000 new users per day.
13. OnlyFans has reached a 70% month-on-month growth.(Source: Followchain)
The main reason behind the platform’s fast success is the pandemic. This caused the initial rapid growth rate of over 70%.
But OnlyFans statistics suggest that’s not the only reason behind its popularity. It wasn’t until celebrities started joining OnlyFans that the platform really took off.
OnlyFans Earnings Statistics
People can and do make serious money from OnlyFans.
But how much does the average creator earn? How much do the top OnlyFans pages make?
You’ll find the answers to those and other questions below.
14. The average OnlyFans monthly subscription fee is $7.20.(Source: Famemass)
To make their channels more attractive, creators usually charge affordable fees. Celebs, however, are another story. They can afford to have subscription fees of around $20, and people still subscribe.
The average subscription cost is much less, though. The OnlyFans average income, unsurprisingly, isn’t that big either. The competition is fierce, and some channels are completely free.
Unlike TikTok influencers, for example, who make money primarily by charging per post, OnlyFans celebrities count on subscription fees much more.
15. The average creator has 21 subscribers.(Source: Famemass)
Not everyone can be a top creator on OnlyFans. In fact, a very small number of people manage to make money from the platform.
That said, keep in mind that some creators hide their subscriber count. The actual number might be quite different.
Still, OnlyFans is full of accounts with only a few subscribers. In comparison, YouTube has over 18 million channels with 100+ subscribers.
16. The average OnlyFans income is around $151 per month.(Source: Famemass)
How much do people make on OnlyFans?
Apart from a few lucky individuals, most creators actually lose money. Or at least don’t earn a ton.
If we take the average subscription fee and creator subscriber count, we can estimate that people make around $151/month. However, this amount doesn’t include tips.
17. The top OnlyFans earners make $100,000 per month on average.(Source: Famemass)
Although there are a few notable exceptions, hardly anyone makes over a million bucks per month on OnlyFans.
In fact, stats show the most popular OnlyFans creators have an average monthly income of $100,000.
OnlyFans Revenue Statistics
Are you still wondering, “How does OnlyFans work”?
The following stats cover the different ways creators make money on the platform.
18. 20% of creators’ earnings go to OnlyFans.(Source: Followchain)
How much does OnlyFans take?
One-fifth of every creator’s earnings go to the company. The rest goes to the creators.
For some, that’s more than enough to make a living.
19. OnlyFans has many users but struggles to find investors.(Source: Axios)
In short, OnlyFans doesn’t rank high on investors’ radars.
According to Axios, OnlyFans was looking for a strategic partner, but most were scared off by its reputation as an adult content platform.
So, how does the company generate profit?
20. In March 2021, paid subscriptions made for over half of OnlyFans’ revenue.(Source: Axios)
There might be free accounts, but most of the OnlyFans income still comes from paid subscriptions.
Chats with creators make up for a significant part too. They brought over 30% of the March 2021 revenue.
The remaining 20-ish percent came from streams, tips, and paid posts on free accounts.
21. OnlyFans’ net worth for 2021 was around $1.2 billion.(Source: Axios)
How much is OnlyFans worth?
Exact calculations are not available yet. Still, data suggests that it was around $1.2 billion.
That’s a huge increase from the 2020 net worth of $375 million.
22. It is estimated that the OnlyFans net worth will be $2.5 billion in 2022.(Source: Axios)
Granted, OnlyFans isn’t as popular and successful as it was at the beginning of the pandemic.
But even so, its user base is strong enough to keep the platform going.
Therefore, OnlyFans stats show its worth will double in 2022. And there’s reason to believe that.
Contrary to expectations, the OnlyFans statistics above show the subscription-based platform isn’t going anywhere.
In fact, it seems to be stronger than ever and still growing!
Unaware that life beyond the internet exists, Nick is poking servers and control panels, playing with WordPress add-ons, and helping people get the hosting that suits them.