Apart from promoting to your personal and social media contacts, there are plenty of wonderful podcast directories to increase your fan base. You’ve got the industry giants like Google and Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and TuneIn. Exciting alternatives are also on the horizon – Overcast, Castbox, and Stitcher, to name a few. The best podcast hosting providers will offer access to as many directories as possible.
What Is Buzzsprout?
BuzzSprout offers one of the most secure and reliable hosting services for podcast websites. You’ve got a rich feature set that is able to accommodate both new projects and long-established online series.
Each plan comes with advanced analytics and an intuitive interface for easy operation, even for complete beginners.
- Free – upload up to two hours of video; multimedia files hosted for 90 days only; unlimited team members; Buzzsprout ads.
- Premium 1 – from $12/mo – host files indefinitely; removes ads from the provider; up to three hours of video uploads; free podcast importing; Magic Mastering available.
- Premium 2 – from 18/mo – doubles the video upload limitations; adding extra content over the caps is just $3/hour.
- Premium 3 – from $24/mo – same features as the other two premium plans with maximized resource limits; upload up to 12 hours of video per month; more multimedia over the limit is $2/hour.
Buzzsprout is the perfect choice if you’re wondering how to host a podcast with little to no investments. The Free plan is well-suited for short-term projects.
There are no upfront contracts with the Premium plans.
Buzzsprout Best Features
- Magic Mastering is the most exciting feature of the bunch. As the developers describe it, “it’s like an Instagram filter for your audio.” It offers great ways for optimizing content to reach a wider audience.
- Collaboration. Every Buzzsprout package, including the Free one, gives you full freedom to operate with as many team members as you wish. Easy access for every contributor.
- Аdvanced podcast statistics show where your visitors are coming from. That's not all. Other insights include how they are listening to your podcasts, and what’s the total number of views on your files.
- List your podcast in thousands of popular directories—Apple and Google Podcasts, Stitcher, iHeart, TuneIn, and many more.
- Video optimization. Buzzsprout is one of the best podcast hosting sites for video optimization. It checks every upload and refines the bitrate, ID3 tags, and even chooses the most appropriate file type.
- Great monetization options with a lucrative affiliate program and access to all major promotion platforms.
- Chapter markers available. You can use them to organize your content in a way that users can skip spoilers or navigate to the exact part they’re looking for.
What We Disliked
- The low monthly video upload limits make the solution less suited for bigger or everyday podcasts.
- Good analytics but pretty basic compared to competing podcasting tools.
From all the podcast hosting services we reviewed, Buzzsprout was the best place to find self-helpers. The knowledge base is full of interesting resources.
It looks like new articles are added on a regular basis.
We found plenty of startup guides, FAQs, troubleshooting advice, and help with the WordPress plugin.
If all else fails, you can contact the Buzzsprout support team via email, but the response might take some waiting.
We Recommend Buzzsprout For…
Buzzsprout’s ease of use and startup guides are heavily aimed toward novice users. That doesn’t mean that more experienced broadcasters can’t take advantage—it’s just that beginners will surely enjoy the simplicity.