A small business favorite, Bench is a strong contender for the best bookkeeping services of 2022.
What Is Bench.co?
Bench is the largest bookkeeping service in North America with a high-value offer and excellent ratings.
With Bench, you can hire a live professional to do your monthly bookkeeping instead of battling with Excel sheets or accounting software.
The Bench bookkeeping offer includes:
- Your own bookkeeping team that works in-house to track your cash flow
- Direct connection to payment processors like PayPal, Stripe, Shopify, Amazon, and more
- Year-End financial package with all accounting information and up-to-date information to make tax season easier
- Direct CPA access to your account and financial documents
- BenchTax — a comprehensive online accounting service with tax prep and filing
- Catch-up bookkeeping to get your books neat and up-to-date
- Easy-access platform to review your financials any time (web and iPhone app)
Plans & Pricing
Bench gives you a one-month free trial of their virtual bookkeeping services, including a monthly income statement and balance sheet.
During the free trial, they’ll evaluate your average monthly expenses and recommend a plan.
Their packages are:
- Starter for businesses with monthly expenses below $1,000. It will set you back $149/month billed annually, or $169/month billed monthly.
- Micro for businesses with monthly expenses between $1,000 and $7,500. It costs $169/month billed annually, or $189/month billed monthly.
- Boutique for businesses with monthly expenses between $7,500 and $25,000. It comes in at $199/month billed annually, or $219/month billed monthly.
- Venture for businesses with monthly expenses between $25,00 and $50,000 for $249/month billed annually, or $279/month billed monthly.
- Corporate for businesses with monthly expenses of up to $1,000,000. It costs $299/month billed annually, or $349/month billed monthly.
If you have more complex bookkeeping needs, the specialized bookkeeping add-on starts at $100 on top of each plan. Common reasons to upgrade are to track cash revenue, cash expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, or if you need segment level bookkeeping.
The BenchTax virtual accounting services will set you back:
- $660 for personal returns and Schedule C filing
- $1,020 for partnership, S-Corp, and C-Corp returns filing
- $1,440 for business and personal filing — Schedule C, personal, and business returns altogether
Bench has partnered with Taxfyle to provide this service and connect you with an experienced, background-checked accountant to do the job. You can learn more about the filing service by booking a free consultation on their website.
We loved the support team at Bench. You can get in touch via live chat or call them during business hours for a quick response. They’re also speedy and helpful over email. No complaints here!
We Recommend Bench.co For...
As Bench bookkeepers learn more about your business and expenses, fewer items would get flagged, and you’d have to spend less time on bookkeeping. At first, though, expect an additional time investment.