What Is Identity Guard?
Identity Guard is one of the identity theft companies that provides several different products to help users protect themselves against identity fraud and misuse. Identity Guard is a top-rated identity theft protection service that offers personalized identity fraud protection, secure credit monitoring, and advanced credit protection. It’s also one of the best family identity theft protection options out there.
Identity Guard Plans & Pricing
Identity Guard has three plans:
- Value Plan — $8.99/month for individuals ($14.99/month for families) — this plan provides essential identity theft protection and limited identity monitoring. An anti-phishing app is available, plus a US-based dedicated case manager.
- Total Plan — $19.99/month for individuals ($29.99/month for families) — this plan enhanced protection against ID theft, including three-bureau credit monitoring and monthly credit reports.
- Ultra Plan — $29.99/month for individuals ($39.99/month for families) — this is the most robust plan; it offers all the benefits of the other plans plus three-bureau credit reports and a report on social media activity.
Identity Guard Support
IdentityGuard is another service that isn’t available 24/7, so it might be tough to get a hold of them after office hours or on a Sunday/holiday. Customer service representatives are only available over the phone; alternatively, they respond to emails in 24 to 48 hours, which is simply too long if you’re in an emergency. They are, however, accommodating. If any family member covered by the plan is a victim of theft or fraud, then a dedicated case manager is assigned to help through the entire process.
Identity Guard Best Features
- IBM Watson AI is an impressive technology that tracks your SSN, name, and more to help identify potential data theft points.
- Bank account takeover protection helps you protect your financial accounts from takeover by identity thieves.
- Account application alerts notify you immediately of new accounts or applications in your name.
- A US-based dedicated case manager will help you resolve identity theft issues and monitor your case for 60 days after resolving the issue.
- Safe browsing extension for anti-malware and Trojan horse virus protection is built for Safari, Firefox, and Chrome, guaranteeing browser security, and in some instances, detecting potential cybercrimes.
- Social insights report scans social media for identity theft risks.
- Risk management reports provide details on potential identity threats based on your web activity.
What We Disliked About Identity Guard
- Credit reports are only offered with the higher tier packages.
- It’s slightly more expensive than most other fraud protection services.
Identity Guard User Reviews
Identity Guard is one of the highest-rated identity theft protection services on the market. It has glowing identity theft protection reviews on almost every user review site and is considered the best overall coverage service. One Identity Guard review, in particular, praised the service’s comprehensive credit and identity monitoring, affordable pricing starting at $9.99, and flexible contracts.
We Recommend Identity Guard For
Identity Guard offers a unique monitor and recovery system that can help protect your data, credit, and finances from identity theft. Also, it has comprehensive software protection against cyberthreats, and we recommend them for overall coverage and protection.