What Is Freshdesk?
Freshdesk is a cloud-based customer service software that provides online help desk support with omnichannel capabilities, smart automations, and self-service solutions to get things done faster.
Freshdesk Ease of Use
Freshdesk has a sleek looking interface that is easy to navigate; the intuitive inbox and robust filtering options make staying on top of tickets a breeze.
The Freshdesk platform integrates with popular autoresponders like Mailchimp, Office 365, and tools like Asana, and Shopify in multiple categories like Agent Productivity, CRM, Sales, and Marketing to provide a complete customer relationship management suite.
Freshdesk Best Features
- Ticketing allows you to prioritize, categorize, and assign tickets, so you never lose track of them.
- Collaboration includes team huddles to discuss specific parts of the ticket, shared ownership of tickets with other teams, linked related tickets to keep track of widespread issues, and the ability to split tickets.
- Automations leverage the software’s built-in capabilities to automate repetitive helpdesk tasks.
- Help widget lets you embed answers and show a contact form to help customers wherever they are.
- Reporting and analytics allows you to capture and analyze customer support data effortlessly to make data-driven decisions.
- Security ensures enterprise-grade safety and comprehensive audits of networks, systems, and regulatory compliances to protect the product and the platform.
- Customization tailor workflows, customer portal, agent roles, and more, to make the helpdesk truly yours.
What We Disliked About Freshdesk
- Key features like team dashboards and chatbots are only available with the highest price plan.
- Once archived, tickets cannot be reopened.
In addition to the Sprout Free Plan, which features email and social ticketing, ticket dispatch, ticket trend report, and data center location, Freshdesk has four paid plans:
- Blossom — $15/agent/month billed annually (or $19 billed monthly) — ups the free plan with access to standard support tools, best-in-class ticketing, self-service, and reporting.
- Garden — $35/agent/month billed annually (or $45 billed monthly) — adds time tracking, performance reports, and custom apps.
- Estate — $49/agent/month billed annually (or $69 billed monthly) — also features custom dashboards, dynamic ticket forms, and personalized support.
- Forest — $99/agent/month billed annually (or $125 billed monthly) — ups the ante with skill-based routing, audit log, HIPAA compliance, among others.
Freshdesk also has an add-on called Freddy, a premium AI offering that automates mundane tasks for agents to improve productivity.
- Field Service Management — $29/field employee/month — adds field employees, manages appointments and schedules, and delivers stellar support in person too.
- Freddy Self-Service — $100 for 1,000 sessions a month — automates the resolution of issues using highly-customizable chatbots and superior API connectors.
- Freddy Ultimate — $75/agent/month (or $500 for 5,000 sessions a month) — improves customer experience and agent productivity with a canned response suggester and assist bot.
Freshdesk User Reviews
Freshdesk has a relatively good reputation with customers. It has high ratings on most user review sites, including Reddit. Users praise its efficiency and ease of use, but they mostly mention the free plan. There aren’t many complaints; the ones we did find cited minor things like the lack of filtering emails/communication by date.
We Recommend Freshdesk For
Freshdesk is the best help desk software for small business owners. The free plan is a great way to get a feel of the platform before committing financial resources to it.